This ecumenical vision involves three major thrusts: inter-church, inter-religious and cosmic which together constitute the total ecumenical process.”
Keeping the above objectives in mind, the ISET aims at:
- taking the total context of the world as “the text” and “the context” of theologizing:
- involving all churches and the human community in the process of theologizing:
- discovering and promoting the rich diversity and heritage of all Christians and religious traditions; and
- fostering unity of humankind and all creation by analyzing the divisive and destructive forces at work in the world, by exposing their root causes and proposing ways of healing and reconciliation and peace with justice.
- The syllabus of various courses embodies the above objectives.